Seed is seeking a Design Technologist to join its Design team in New York. As a member of Seed Scientific’s design team, you will be joining an interdisciplinary group of scientists, mathematicians, designers, and engineers that work with commercial, public and social sector clients to help them solve their most challenging problems and get the most out of their data.
You will apply your design and technical skills to design, build and deploy custom visualizations and data-driven tools. Recent work has included visualizing large amounts of data to surface new insights, designing state-of-the-art network visualizations, enabling real-time analysis of complex phenomena, and the Visualizing.org community platform.
- You have a degree in Design or Computer Science and at least three years of applicable experience
- You have a solid design and data visualization portfolio
- You have a passion for data visualization and are on top of current thinking and trends
- You are curious, love learning new technologies and testing new ideas
- Experience with UI/UX design
- Experience working in and designing for multiple browsers
Technical skills we look for:
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite (a must)
- HTML5 / CSS3 (a must)
- d3.js, Raphael
- PHP or Python
- Working with APIs
About Seed Scientific
Seed solves big problems with big data. We architect data-driven, technology-based solutions to a wide range of complex problems for global clients in the commercial, public, and social sectors -- like GE and the United Nations. To learn more, visit seedscientific.com.