Seed Scientific is looking to hire a Data Engineer to join its team in New York. You will collaborate with Data Scientists and Design Technologists to build custom, data-driven tools to help our clients in the commercial, public, and social sectors solve a wide range of complex human-scale problems spanning global development, music, health, cybersecurity, etc.
- Ability to wrangle and process large data files into usable formats and databases
- Experience designing algorithms to perform analysis and aggregation on data
- Experience building and deploying production-level web services
- Enthusiasm for learning new techniques and technologies to solve hard problems
Technical skills we look for:
- Hadoop Ecosystem (Hive, Pig, etc.)
- Web/API building
- Familiarity with Git for version control
- Familiarity with production deployment and administration in Linux, Amazon AWS, Heroku, etc.
- NoSQL (Mongo, etc.)
- iOS/Android development
About Seed Scientific
Seed solves big problems with big data. We architect data-driven, technology-based solutions to a wide range of complex problems for global clients in the commercial, public, and social sectors -- like GE and the United Nations. To learn more, visit seedscientific.com.